Sent on behalf of Nick Pszeniczny, President & CEO
Our vision is clear.
Financial Horizons Group will be the independent financial services company of choice for Canadian advisors. This is what we aspire to be – and everything we do will focus on earning your trust and confidence in order to see us this way. It’s the realization of this vision – the absolute satisfaction of advisors like you – that drives us.
A big part of realizing this vision is ensuring we have the right team in place in order to get us there. I’ve spent a lot of time in the past few months paying careful attention to both the members and the structure of our team, and I’d like to share the outcomes with you now.
- David Stewart is our Chief Operating Officer and will lead Financial Horizons Group in elevating all aspects of our advisor experience. With David’s guidance, Chris Valardo (Distribution), Mike Donati (Dealership), and Heidi MacDonald (Operations) will work closely together to make tangible improvements to our offering. David is also currently recruiting for a leader to drive our Marketing initiatives with the primary goal of helping you grow your business with FHG. These leaders have substantial objectives, including the introduction of a national mutual fund dealership, as well as a heightened focus on our advisor education, recognition events, high net worth support, and contracting. We’ll be sharing more news on these initiatives in the near future.
- Our MGA regions will be led by three strong, insightful presidents across the country – Cathy Hiscott (Ontario & Atlantic Region), Paul Isaacson (Western Region), and James McMahon (Quebec Region). Cathy, Paul, and James are critical advisor-facing leaders in bringing our initiatives to markets across Canada – in a way that supports our vision to be your choice for an independent financial services company. Cathy Hiscott will also lead Continuum Financial Centres and is charged with realigning its business model to further meet the needs of Continuum’s advisors and their clients.
- Our communities will also notice the efforts of Christina Waite (Human Resources & Corporate Affairs). Christina’s team will ensure that all key FHG information and our story – and what it means to your business – is communicated clearly and consistently. Christina will also lead our philanthropic efforts in supporting communities and causes where FHG operates.
- Will Chang (General Counsel) and Marc Lantaigne (Finance & Strategy) will direct and develop our Legal/Compliance and Finance/Strategy teams, respectively. They are key members of our team in helping advisors navigate the complexities of the financial services industry. Nina Kavalinas (Compliance) will lead our compliance program, bringing programs and education to advisors across the country.
- I’m also pleased to confirm that John Hamilton will remain a perceptive presence as Founder and Special Advisor to Financial Horizons Group.
I’m confident in this team and this organization – and in all of us making a real difference to advisors and insurance partners in 2019.
So, what can you expect in the next few weeks?
My commitment to you is to keep you regularly and candidly informed of our plans. We are going to move quickly, but not recklessly. Most of all, we’re going to be laser focused on doing the things necessary to earn your trust as the independent financial services company of choice.
Thank you for your business.